gdk/gtk+ win32 thread question, please help to explain

Hi,

According to http://developer.gnome.org/gdk/stable/gdk-Threads.html

Unfortunately the above holds with the X11 backend only. With the Win32 backend,
GDK calls should not be attempted from multiple threads at all.

The "Unfortunately ..." statement does not mention GTK+, only GDK.
Does it only apply to GDK Win32 ?  Or it applies to both GDK and GTK+ ?

In my application, I call gtk_list_store_newv() from many non-main threads
(not via idle, timeout callback) and I do protect the GTK call with
gdk_threads_enter/leave().  It works fine even on Win32 !!

Do I doing the right thing ? or just has good luck ?

Best Regards,
KC