gtk3 draw signal handler return value

Hello everyone,

According to http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.0/GtkWidget.html#GtkWidget-draw:
"Signal handlers connected to this signal can modify the cairo context
passed as cr in any way they like and don't need to restore it. The
signal emission takes care of calling cairo_save() before and
cairo_restore() after invoking the handler."

Does this mean the handler function should always return FALSE to
allow the aforementioned Cairo cleanup? If not, what's the difference
between the available return values (e.g. what possible propagations
from a gtk_drawing_area could I allow/deny)? I'm having some trouble
finding this information, so I hope any of you can help.

regards,
William Budd