Many questions

Hi everybody,

I have several questions:

1) How do we use the GThreadedSocketService and how do we specify the function
to run when the connection is established?

I'm using these function in a GUI application (see protocoltool on
sourceforge); when the connection is made/closed, the GUI's controls are
enabled/disabled.

2) Can an application load a linux kernel module? For example, my application
may need i2c drivers. Does glib/gtk/gnome have anything to load kernel
modules? How can it be done?

3) Now, for unrelated questions, what are the hook functions used for? They
look interesting, but being an amateur programmer, I have no idea of the
context where they may be used. Are they useful in an user application?

4) How do we properly use the g_cancellable functions and when are these used?
Are they useful in an user application?

Thanks!

JP

Note: please reply to this mailing list for convenience of other users.