Re: CAD like app.

On 3/1/11, Maximilian Schneider <king greatfreeworld org> wrote:
Hello,

I'm working on a CAD like gtk app.
a cairo Drawing area surounded by toolbar icons, controllable through
the mouse+keyboard.

I'm stuck trying to figure out how to create keyboard shortcuts.

How is it supposed to be done?

I've heard that this subject isn't the most well baked part of gtk...
but any solution that works is fine by me.

I remember getting stumped by this when making a toolbar with keyboard
shortcuts in a PyGTK application, but I eventually figured out how to
use Accelerators and Actions to solve the problem. In PyGTK the
relevant objects were (if I remember it all correctly): Action,
AccelGroup, ActionGroup. Maybe you can search from some example code
snippets?

John