Re: Cairo, Gtk+, Gdk & GdkPixbuf -- making a pixel-based backing store for vector graphics

On 14 June 2011 15:00, Stefan Salewski <mail ssalewski de> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 14:30 -0600, James Tappin wrote:
I would like to be able to make a code that draws some (possibly very
complex) vector graphics,

A better place for asking may be the cairo mailing list? At least there
was some discussion about such tasks in the past. One recommended way
was using cairos create_similar() function for creating the backup
surface. I did a small demo in Ruby some time ago, see

http://www.ssalewski.de/PetEd-Demo.html.en

I found this related thread with some helpful replies:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2009-March/016756.html

It looks as if this example:
http://www.gtkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5204, may at least provide
part of the answer to (1) in my original posting -- I'm still trying
to disentangle the housekeeping and the real logic, to figure exactly
what it does.