Re: slow gtk.label drawing

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 04:50:09PM +0200, Pavol KlaÄanskà wrote:
Hi, I have written simple rss reader and I tested it with 10k items in feed.

Xml and parsing takes while (in second.) but drawing takes minutes

Creating tens of thousands of widgets that mostly will not be displayed
indeed takes time.  Use a treeview.  Or, at least, do things the same
way: create *one* GdkWindow for the entire thing, sort the events into
rows depending on the position and don't draw things that are not
visible.

Yeti