Re: g_win32_get_package_installation_directory_of_module()

On 10 July 2011 21:01, John Emmas <johne53 tiscali co uk> wrote:

If I write a program using gtk-win32 and I want it to discover its
installation folder at run time, I can examine argv (if it's available).
 Where it's not available however, I can call
g_win32_get_package_installation_directory_of_module() passing it a NULL
parameter.  Are there any equivalent API calls available for the OS-X and
Linux platforms?

There is not such thing for Linux. For MacOSX there is something possible
AFAIK if your application is within a bundle (.dmg file).

Having had the same problem with Libgda, I reused/created some code to help
discover the actual location of the Libgda library at runtime, see
http://git.gnome.org/browse/libgda/tree/libgda/binreloc. Under Linux all the
magic is provided by some code copied form the Autopackage project.

Regards,

Vivien