gobject construction with parameter

Hi,

I'm trying to modify some existing code which uses gobject so that the
function to create a new object can take a parameter. The existing
code is quite simple, and my modifications simplify it further so I
don't want to spend a great deal of time messing about with Gobject
things.

Can anyone point me in the direction of code examples where the
construction of the g object requires a parameter so I can see how to
do it please? - I can't make sense of the documentation.

Cheers,
James.

--
_