GtkExpander widget in a GtkVPaned widget

Hi,

I have a GtkExpander widget as the second (bottom) item in a GtkVPaned widget.

I have the expander widget inside a vpaned, because the expanded
portion will resize (down to some minimum), so it is handy to use the
the vpaned size handle to grow or shrink the expanded region.

When I collapse the expander and pull the pane resize down to the
minimum size of the size of the expander bar, then reexpand it, it
works fine, the expanded section resizes the bottom pane.

However, when I collapse the expander, the bottom pane stays the same
size, but I would like the bottom pane to shrink back to the size of
the expander bar, but I've not figured out how to do that.

How can I can set things up so that when I collapse the expander, the
bottom pane it is in resizes down with it?

--DAS