Re: Animating widgets

Hi, I'll explain my experience!

Gtk2 does not support animations, it's a fact, so you can only make your
own hacks to Gtk.

So: shouldn't the hackers, designers, developers of gtk+ widget toolkit start to think about a way to adding animations to Gtk+ ? I don't know of Qt, but Cocoa, the Mac OS X framework hosting the widget toolkit allows it, and I think Gtk+ is already a great, well executed job. I do think is missing just a few thing, I think is mature enough, and animation is one those little things, you need to add it.

Erick