RE: resetting timeout source

thank you very much!!! i m having a look right !

From: smspillaz gmail com
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:33:08 +0800
Subject: Re: resetting timeout source
To: jardasmid gmail com
CC: jpablolorenzetti hotmail com; gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 5:48 AM, Jaroslav Šmíd <jardasmid gmail com> wrote:
Well, I cannot find anything in glib. If you use linux, you can use
timerfd_create() to create pollable timer, create new GSource, attach the
descriptor and you got your timer. Set intervals to zero to stop it,
descriptor will get no more read events, and you don't even need to detach
the source from event loop. You can 'reset' the timer without stopping it
first.

In fact, I just had to write something similar the other day - have a
look at http://git.compiz.org/~dbo/compiz-with-glib-mainloop/tree/src/timer.cpp?h=glibmm-experimental#n30
(albeit it is glibmm, but you should be able to get the idea and
translate it to regular glib, this is essentially what I did in
reverse)