Re: Drawing area with different layers

Hello.

I'm new to gtk programming so this might be a very dummy question. ÂI
use a DrawingArea to draw a map with three layers: the background map,
the legend window, and app data. ÂSince the legend layer does not
change often, can I store it in a pixmap and simply copy it rather
than redraw it every time the map and app data change?

I would suggest that you use cairo to do all of the drawing. Then you
can "store" your drawings onto cairo surface and paint it when needed.

Cheers,
Tadej

--
Tadej BorovÅak