Re: treeview and scrolledwindow

Am Mon, 21 Feb 2011 23:16:09 +0100
schrieb Colomban Wendling <lists ban herbesfolles org>:

Le 21/02/2011 23:06, Alexander Nagel a Ãcrit :
Hi,

i have a question about treeview. Do i need to add a treeview in a
scrolledwindow? I always did it this way but it seems to work
without it. Which way is the better one? I would like to hear your
suggestion/opinions.
If you don't pack it in a scrolled window, it will (obviously) never
have scollbars, so it'll use it's full size in the
screen/parent-window/whatever.
And for what purpose do i need the functions
gtk_tree_view_set_hadjustment or
gtk_tree_view_set_vadjustment ?
They don't return the adjustment from the scrolledwindow. I've test that
If i want to scroll the scrolledwindow i have to use
gtk_scrolled_window_set_vadjustment.

So in general, you want to pack it in a scrolled window, but you're
not strictly forced to do so.
yes, agreed
Alexander

Regards,