Re: gtk3 "migrating" document and drawing

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011, Javier JardÃn wrote:

On 13 February 2011 18:13, Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu> wrote:
It seems that the section of the gtk-migrating-2-to-3 doc as
distributed with gtk 3.0.0 is not up to date with the state of the
drawing code in the release. For example, it still talks about
using pixmaps in the "replacement" code sections. This is an area
where it would be very helpful to have up-to-date and precise
documentation.

Hello Allin,

Where exactly do you see this? I can only see how to port a pixmap to
a non-pixmap code in the porting guide
Could you fill a bug about this in our bugzilla? [1]

OK, will do. But what I'm thinking about is, e.g., "Example 111"
in gtk-migrating-2-to-3.html, where the cairo code uses
gdk_cairo_set_source_pixmap(). And Example 112 uses the deprecated
gtk_widget_get_style(). The subsection "Using the the target
drawable also as source or mask" also uses pixmaps in the
replacement code.

Allin Cottrell