enlarge the scrollable area

Hi,

I'm trying to build a scrolled window in a such a way that the child widget has always the same size, regardless of the size of the scrolled window itself. I tried gtk_scrolled_window_set_min_content_width, but this also sets the minimum size of the scrolled window. Basically, I need something to force the size of the child widget (for example a TextView), or to enlarge the scrollable area without enlarging the scrolled window. Is it possible to have this behavior?

thank you!