Re: gtk3: FileChooser schema not found

Requiring the schema for settings is the fundamental tenet of the GSettings
design. By not having the schema like in GConf you are trading a bit of
convenience for less safety; a lot of bugs in GConf-using applications were
due to missing schemas or wrong fallbacks for unset keys, so when I say
"convenience" I mean for casual use and not for real applications.

A schema in GSettings is the equivalent of the UI file for GtkBuilder; in
both cases an application cannot be expected to run correctly if missing.

If you wanted unspecified storage for state, I suggest storing a file under
XDG_CONFIG_HOME; you can use GKeyFile or JSON-GLib for the serialization
format.

Ciao,
Emmanuele.

(Sorry for the quote style: I'm using my phone)