Re: File copying

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 06:29:20PM +0000, John Emmas wrote:

g_file_replace() returns a GFileOutputStream* which (supposedly) I can
use for writing new contents to the file.  However, I've been unable
to find any examples of writing to a file using a GFileOutputStream*.
In fact, I can't find any read, write, flush. or, close functions that
take a GFileOutputStream* as their input.  What am I missing here?  Am
I supposed to turn my GFileOutputStream* into some other kind of
stream (for example a GOutputStream*)?  I've found plenty of functions
for using GOutputStream but am struggling with GFileOutputStream.

GFileOutputStream is GOutputStream as can be seen in the class hierarchy:

    http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/stable/GFileOutputStream.html#GFileOutputStream.object-hierarchy

So you only have to use the standard typecasting macros.

Yeti