APOLOGIES!! [Was: Re: a couple questions...]

        actually, this is primarily to john c, if i bundled up my
        broken piece of code and send it to the list as well.  i was
        tried to assign a global string to

        static char *prefix;

        without accolating the space for the string.  because this
        has to do with speech, my DEFAULT string was simply "talk";
        but maybe the speech-impaired user wanted to use "chat" or
        do a quick "x" or "xyz".  annyway, long story short, before
        i can finish my callback like the one that john suggested, i
        have to make sure that the code withs with it's default.....

        gary

        PS: NExt post will probably be where i messed up in the
        "play" callback.

--
 Gary Kline  kline thought org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
           Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org