GLIB for a webserver

Hello,

        I am planning to use glib to write a C application server. I just like the library philosophy a lot
and thatâs why it is my first choice.
        However, after searching the web for a while, I have found some critics, which I list bellow:

- On Apache ARP project, they said they created it instead of using glib because the lack of IPC functions
like memory mapping.
- In some forums, people were complaining about the fact glib aborts when memory allocation fails, which is
bad for a 24/7 running web server.

        I would like to know the opinion of those more experienced with glib. Do you recommend me to use it
for writing a web server?
        I really would like to use glib for that and I was thinking in some workaround to avoid this
problems, like find some portable way to get the system's free memory before allocating anything and
implement IPC functions using posix directly, even using glib thread pools for threads inside a process.
        Anyway, glib's first intention was to be used by visual applications, which is not the case. Would I
be going against glib philosophy trying to use it for something like a web server?

Regards,
Marcelo.

Esta mensagem, incluindo seus eventuais anexos, pode conter informaÃÃes confidenciais, de uso restrito e/ou
legalmente protegidas. Se vocà recebeu esta mensagem por engano, nÃo deve usar, copiar, divulgar, distribuir
ou tomar qualquer atitude com base nestas informaÃÃes. Solicitamos que vocà elimine a mensagem imediatamente
de seu sistema e avise-nos, enviando uma mensagem diretamente para o remetente e para postmaster claro com br
 Todas as opiniÃes, conclusÃes ou informaÃÃes contidas nesta mensagem somente serÃo consideradas como
provenientes da Claro ou de suas subsidiÃrias quando efetivamente confirmadas, formalmente, por um de seus
representantes legais, devidamente autorizados para tanto.
Este mensaje, incluyendo sus eventuales archivos adjuntos, puede contener informaciones confidenciales, de
uso restringido y/o legalmente protegidas. Si usted ha recibido este mensaje por error, no debe utilizar,
copiar, divulgar, distribuir o tomar cualquier actitud basada en estas informaciones. Solicitamos la
inmediata eliminaciÃn del mensaje de su sistema y el envÃo de un informe en forma directa al remitente y a
postmaster claro com br  Todas las opiniones, conclusiones o informaciones contenidas en este mensaje
solamente serÃn consideradas como provenientes de Claro o de sus subsidiarias cuando sean efectivamente
confirmadas, formalmente, a travÃs de uno de sus representantes legales debidamente autorizados a tal fin.
This message, including all attachments transmitted with it may include restricted, legally privileged,
and/or confidential information. If you received this message by mistake or in error you are hereby notified
that you must not use, publicize, copy, distribute, resend, or take any action based on the information
contained in the message. We ask you to delete the message immediately from your system and advise us by
sending a message directly