Hidden directories (Windows)

1)  In Linux, I can specify a file or directory to be hidden, simply by preceding its name with a period
('.') but this doesn't work in Windows.  Does glib have any handy function for hiding or unhiding an (already
existing) Windows directory?

2)  When I'm creating a new directory using g_mkdir_with_parents() I've tended to specify 0775 for the mode
flags - simply because that's what I've seen in every example.  But presumably there's a range of flags to
choose from.  Is there a list available anywhere?

John