Re: gtk assistant any good?

"About half the GTK2 widgets are broken"

Not my experience. If you post some code which shows a problem... Preferably a simplified case, but a complete program, which demonstrates where you have a problem, then maybe someone can sort it out. If the above is your experience, then likely you are new to GTK and misunderstanding how to use it.

I have used GTK2 with C and also pyGtk (with python) and had no problems, except the mistakes I made myself. I have not tried using GTK with C++; neither have I used GTK3... Possibly there are problems with other development environments. I leave it for others to comment about things I know nothing about.

The statement "50% of GTK widgets are broken" above is unlikely to get anyone, other than Bill Gates interested.

Rgds Bill