Re: Gtk::FileChooserButton

On 04/29/2011 12:31 PM, John Emmas wrote:
I'm adapting a Linux program to run under Windows, using gtk-win32.  The app has a particular dialog box
which displays a Gtk::FileChooserButton.  When the dialog first gets displayed, there's no particular file
selected and the button's entry says "(None)".  Clicking the button launches a Gtk::FileChooser and the
chosen file then gets "remembered" by the button.  In other words, next time the main dialog box gets
displayed, the last file to be chosen is effectively pre-selected into the FileChooserButton.  This seems
to be achieved by calling Gtk::FileChooser::set_filename()

All the above works fine.  But under certain circumstances I don't want any file to be preselected.  Even
if the dialog has been shown before I want the FileChooserButton to say "(None)" when it's next displayed
(like it did the first time around).  I assumed that I might be able to achieve this by calling
Gtk::FileChooser::set_filename() with an empty string.  And indeed that does seem to work when I build
under Linux.  But it doesn't work for me if I compile for Windows and link to gtk-win32.  Passing an empty
string seems to do some strange things.  Firstly, it bizarrely selects whichever folder the main app is
running in.  Secondly, if I press the button to display the FileChooser, the FileChooser won't respond to
mouse clicks (although it continues responding to mouseover events).

If all else fails I guess I could delete the FileChooserButton object and create a new one each time.  But
before I consider that option I just wondered if I'm doing something obviously wrong.  Is there an actual
recommended way of removing a file that's currently in the FileChooserButton's memory?  (i.e. resetting its
entry back to "(None)".

John