Re: "Program Files" folder

There is no such thing as default folder under Linux/Unix. The user might
want to install an application in her home directory, or in /opt, or in
/usr/bin depending on permissions or the visibility of the application.
Perhaps you meant to ask if it is possible to know where the application was
run from? In that case just check argv[0].

Regards,
Dov