How to know if a window got a child window?

Hi,

i am trying to save power in my gpxview geocaching app. Thus i keep track whenever the main window looses
focus and disable the GPS receiver after some time. Unfortunately this also happens if dialogs are being
shown as this also causes the main window to loose focus.

I could now add some code to each dialog to inform the main window that there's now a child window and thus
to keep the GPS enabled. It would be easier if my main window could somehow deterimine if it lost focus to a
subwindow all by itself. How could this be accomplished? Is there some signal emitted if a window gets a
subwindow?

Thanks,
  Till

--