Background image in TreeView

Hello,
I have already posted this question on the pygtk mailing list, but got no response there. Maybe someone here can help me out:

Is it possible to put a background image into a gtk.TreeView? And if it is, how would you do that? I would like to put an image into the lower right corner of a whole TreeView, not into one single cell. The result should look similar to the clementine in the screenshot of the qt-based audio player clementine [1].

Thanks for your help,
Jendrik

[1] http://images.clementine-player.org/screenshots/clementine-0.2-2.png