GtkSocket in GtkNotebook

Hi everyone!

I am currently developing an application where I have one component that is basically a GtkNotebook, where
every page contains a GtkSocket as the widget.

On creating many pages, at some point something starts terribly misbehaving:
The newly created GtkSocket steadily gets plug-added and plug-removed signals (alternating), with seemingly
random memory addresses (curiously, they are
normally 110 bytes appart) as child widgets (all valid GdkWindows though).

I extracted the problematic code to a simple example program: http://gist.github.com/565078
Compile with: "g++ gtknotebook-gtksocket_bug.cpp `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0` -o
gtknotebook-gtksocket_bug"

I am completely baffled by this behaviour, no idea what is going on.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Prof. MAAD