Window as Popup

Hello there,
I am trying to create a calculator window that has to popup on a button
press.

The window pops up with the buttons on it, but when I press a button, the
event is not propagated or generated or the event handler is not called.

void on_recall_clicked (GtkWidget *widget, gpointer user_data){
        recall_dialog(GTK_WINDOW(user_data));
}

void recall_dialog (GtkWindow *parent) {
   GtkWidget *calci, *content_area, *numTable;
   GtkWidget *oneBut, *twoBut, *threeBut, *fourBut, *fiveBut, *sixBut,
*sevenBut,*eightBut,
   *nineBut, *zeroBut, *enterBut, *clearBut;

  /* Create the widgets */
  calci = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_POPUP);
  gtk_window_set_default_size(GTK_WINDOW(calci), 300, 300);
  gtk_window_set_position(GTK_WINDOW(calci), GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER);
  gtk_container_set_border_width(GTK_CONTAINER(calci), 10);
  gtk_window_set_title(GTK_WINDOW(calci), "Calculate a Receipt");

adding the buttons and their event handler....

g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (calci), "delete_event",
              G_CALLBACK (gtk_widget_destroy), NULL);
g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (enterBut), "destroy",
              G_CALLBACK (gtk_main_quit), NULL);

gtk_window_set_transient_for(GTK_WINDOW(calci),GTK_WINDOW(window));
gtk_widget_show_all (calci);

I am not sure what is wrong in my code. I am new to Gtk and I  would
appreciate any help on this.
Thank you
Denny