Re: newbie question about g_object unref()

As it only takes a pointer, and not a pointer to a pointer (&ptr), there's no way for g_object_unref to set
the original pointer variable to NULL, you'd have to nullify it yourself, either through g_pointer_nullify or
just ptr = NULL. If you want you can wrap the two in a macro, but as far as I know, glib doesn't include
anything of the sort:

#define G_OBJECT_UNREF_AND_NULLIFY(ptr) { \
        g_object_unref(ptr); \
        (ptr) = NULL; \
}

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:11:45 +0000