Re: Grid Based Canvas

On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 23:21 -0400, Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 05:04 +0500, Asad Jibran Ahmed wrote:
[...]

The canvas will have grids, much like a graph paper. Whenever
the user clicks on one of the grid squares, that square will become
selected and the selection will be shown by highlighting the square.

It sounds like you really have a grid of squares, even if the user
doesn't think of it that way.

I think all of the canvas APIs support scrolling and zooming.

Or take a peek at e.g. the minesweeper game?

Liam

Liam,
 Thanks for the info. I checked out the crcanvas widget and I think that
it may just be what I need. I do however have one issue with the square
approach that you have suggested.

The grid I am trying to make needs to be quite large (10000x10000), and
the memory requirements of keeping track of this large a number of
rectangles is very problematic.

Any advice on how to proceed from here? Again, thanks for your earlier
reply.
Thanks

--
JB :: http://www.asadjb.com