GtkNotebook leave tab drawn when detach

Hi,

I've been using GtkNotebook for a multi-tab application and am looking for
ways to modify the default tab detach behavior.

I'm using gtk 2.18.3 and on a tab detach, GtkNotebook will rip the tab out
of the tab bar and uses it as the drag icon. I'm using a different icon for
the drag icon so connecting to the "drag-begin" signal and changing the icon
work just fine. However, it now looks odd that the tab is no longer drawn on
the tab bar. Is there a way to allow detach behavior but leave the tab still
drawn on the tab bar?

Thanks