Re: Searching a GtkTreeView

On 03/18/10 06:29 PM, Carlos Pereira wrote:
xulfer cheapbsd net wrote:
I'm looking for a way to find a certain column containing a certain
string within a GtkTreeView/model. I know I can loop through each row and
search through the column manually, but this seems to be rather slow and
cumbersome. Is there a better way of accomplishing this?
You could create your own hash table: pass your strings through a hash function when you create the tree, then pass the string you want to find through the same hash function, to quickly know where the string is. Each entry in the hash table could point, for example, to the GTK path of the node where each string is...
Carlos