using GdkPixbuf icons in GtkUIManager ?

Hi all,

I have a large set of menu items and toolbar items (multiple toolbars
in tabs) that have a custom icon. The icons are currently compiled
into the application. I currently still use GtkItemFactory for the
menu, which works fine with GdkPixbuf icons. I'm working towards gtk 3
and thus I have to drop GtkItemFactory. How can I use the same icons
in GtkUiManager?

(FYI: the app is Bluefish, and it has several tabs with HTML toolbars
that focus on different areas of HTML)

thanks,

Olivier