Re: custom spin button format

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, Tadej BorovÅak wrote:

Below is a minimal test program. I'd expect that, since the spin
button's range is set as 1 to 4, I ought to be able to display
"B", "C" Âand "D" in turn by pressing the button's up-arrow. But
what actually happens is that the first up-press gives "B" and
then subsequent up-presses leave the displayed value at "B": I
can't make it show "C" or "D". Can anyone tell me what I'm doing
wrong? Thanks!

If you do anything fancy inside your GtkSpinButton::output signal
handler (this basically means that you set spin button to hold
non-numeric data like in your case), you need to also provide handler
for GtkSpinButton::input signal. Input signal is not properly
documented, but it's function is to take the contents of the spin
button and convert it to gdouble number.

I updated your sample code to show you how this fits together...

Perfect, thanks very much. It seemed to me that I should probably
be attaching to the the "input" signal, but I couldn't work out
how to do that.

Allin Cottrell