Re: GNOME images not displaying

Hello.

Looks like I need to write a blog post or something about icon
handling in GTK+, since this topic has been quite (un)popular both on
mailing lists and IRC ;-)

To make things short, "gnome-stock-trash" is not a stock icon, it's a
named icon that comes from user selected theme and in order to be able
to display it properly, this line in your UI description:

<property name="stock">gnome-stock-trash</property>

should be edited to become this:

<property name="icon-name">gnome-stock-trash</property>

This will probably fix your issue here (I haven't tested this).

For more info about themed and stock icons, see this discussion: Part
1[1], Part 2[2].

Tadej

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2010-May/msg00135.html
[2] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2010-June/msg00012.html