Re: 1-Bit Bitmap

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 20:59 +0200, Tadej BorovÅak wrote:
Hello.

I'm looking to create an application that requires using 1-bit bitmaps
to store a monochrome printing pattern. But I've looked at both Pixmaps
and Pixbufs, but Pixbufs doesn't offer direct access to the bits (I need
to set and read them) and Pixmaps doesn't support 1-Bit pixels (at least
that's what I understand from my reading of the docs).
Any suggestions?

cairo_image_surface_t can have a depth of one bit (CAIRO_FORMAT_A1)
and offers direct access to pixel values.

Tadej

Thanks for the info, but thats not what I was looking for. cairo
surface_t offers direct access to the data of the image, from which I'll
have to pick out the bits one by one. I'm hoping a library will be able
to do this for me.
Any library that you can think of that offers bit by bit access without
me needing to write a separate function to shift the bits out one by one
from a 32-Bit int? Kind of like a bitarray?

--
JB :: http://www.asadjb.com