Re: custom widgets - advice on where to start?

On 7 July 2010 17:34, Staffan Gimåker <staffan gimaker se> wrote:
Is there a particular reason that you need a custom widget? Can you not
just use a GtkDrawingArea and use Cairo to draw things in it?

That's the thing I'm unsure of, when to use a GtkDrawingArea and when
to use a custom widget.

I've never required anything beyond the standard widgets before now.
I'll look at the Cairo documentation.

Cheers,
James.

The official Cairo documentation (the tutorial is here:
http://cairographics.org/tutorial/) and the Gtk documentation are
probably good places to start.

/Staffan