gdk events stuff debugging

Hi,

This may be a not specific enough question but what's the best way to
debug a gtk app? I've been debugging one without much success for about
2 weeks now and I think there are problems related to callbacks and gdk
events handlers because I always get segfaults from gkd_events_dispatch().
And I've been checking my code again and again. This is becoming a big
problem now because I really need to have my app working fine very soon.
So far, gdb and valgrind haven't be usefull enough so I guess I will have
to go to the "printf" debugging stuff. But I don't how to check all this gdk
events stuff. Any idea?

Any hints will be highly appreciated and I'm ready to try out anything possible.
Many thanks in advance.

--
Emmanuel Thomas-Maurin