A bug in GtkComboBox/Entry?

Hi,
This simple code

    window = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
    g_signal_connect(window, "delete-event", gtk_main_quit, NULL);

    combo = gtk_combo_box_entry_new_text();
    gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(window), combo);

    gtk_widget_show_all(window);

just shows a window with a GtkComboBoxEntry in it. The entry box inside
it is editable. This perfectly runs on my Ubuntu 8.04; while the same
code under KDE 4.3 just show the whole widget greyed out (insensitive). Isn't the "sensitive" property's
default value TRUE for a GtkWidget? Or does it hold true only on Gnome machines? (which means is incorrect)

Now for the detailed version:
For this app (http://artha.sourceforge.net/), a comment was that the GtkComboBoxEntry is disabled/grayed out
on a KDE 4.3 system. When I opened the ui (xml) file in Glade3, the 'sensitivity' property was set to
Automatic (i.e. no entry for it will be made in the xml file; the widget is initially loaded with it's
sensitivity set to the default value (TRUE). This works fine on a Gnome, Xfce and even on an older KDE
machine. While the same is greyed out/insensitive on a KDE 4.3 machine. I just changed the property from
'Automatic' to 'On' and that fixes it. But should by default the sensitivity set to On, as the document says
so? Is this is a bug/ If so, on whose part?

Regards
Sundaram