Re: g_timeout_add_full from different thread not working

On 02/22/2010 08:55 PM, S Boucher wrote:
Calling g_timeout_add_full() from a different thread (note the pthread_create in the sample bellow) than
where gtk_main() is does not work as I expect.

The timeout function only gets called if I generate events by moving the mouse.  If I don't move the mouse,
all I see is the timeout is added repeatedly, but timeout_func does not get called.

I'm afraid there's something I do not understand... and thus, your help would be appreciated.

I don't see a call to g_thread_init() in your example. You'll need that call prior to calling gtk_init().