Re: How I can do Double Buffer without OpenGL Ext?

Thanks for everything friends, My problem was that I was drawing
directly over draw area, then with gtk_widget_queue_draw (), I achieved
to solve my problem.

Regards

Gustavo Rojas

El jue, 11-02-2010 a las 20:21 +0200, Claudio Saavedra escribiÃ:
El jue, 11-02-2010 a las 11:41 -0300, Gustavo Rojas escribiÃ:
Hi,

I'm working in avoid the flicker when i paint my widget draw area. Then my
questions are the following:
How i can to do double buffer?

Strictly speaking, all GTK+ widgets have double buffer support enabled
by default (see the documentation for GtkWidget:double-buffered,
gtk_widget_set_double_buffered() and [1], for an overview of the way
double-buffer works in GTK+).

Chances are that you are not painting in your expose event callback, or
that you are calling this callback directly instead of invalidating the
widget or region to redraw (see gdk_window_invalidate_region() and
gtk_widget_queue_draw()).

If you still have issues, feel free to post a small test case, showing
your issue.

Claudio

[1]
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/chap-drawing-model.html#double-buffering