Re: locale, gui vs command line question?

Or are you saying the libraries (gtk/mpfr/stdc) I'm using may be caching
the locale and may not heed my changes?
Since Gtk+ does not have any mechanism to rebuild the UI when a locale
category changes, either you implement such mechanism or, more often,
put up with it and accept the locale does not change. Then, of course,
caching is not a problem.

That's pretty much how I understood it to be.  I was kind of getting a little worried I might have been wrong.

I have seen some applications that seem to change when the desktop locale settings are changed.  So I'm
assuming there is a mechanism there that your application can use to find out about locale changes, it's just
not propogated into the application at all.

So my applications that continue to cache locale bits and pieces will continue to work, libraries shouldn't
change locale info ever unless they're guaranteed to be initialised first, and the rest of the world can
change locales as much as it wants, the application won't care until it's next started.  I'm hoping that
about sums it up, and I haven't misread anything.

Fredderic

Click to find great rates on medical insurance, save big, shop here.
Medical Insurance
http://tagline.excite.com/c?cp=EUy_Tkl4rz1GWIyhDqxWrwAAKZSlMmZOmLoSxr7IH9qxTEOrAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQVgAAAAA=