Re: Gtk+: multi-threaded or not ?

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Pierre Wieser <pwieser trychlos org> wrote:

Hi all,

Reading this list, I see some questions which talk about "threads": main
thread, event thread, and so on.

I was not conscious Gtk+ was multithreaded. I'm conscious of asynchronous
code with the mail loop and idle function (which are rather in Glib, I
believe ?), but really not of multithread.

So is Gtk multithreaded, or not ?

Because if it is, I will have to deal with mutex, semaphores and all the
usual soup!!

Gtk+ is single threaded library

In order to confirm  you can run the standard hello world gtk program and
look up in the

/proc/<pid>/status | grep Threads  #field for the number of threads

but if you want the thread support in your application it  would be possible
with gthreads

CMIIAW

Regards,
Sid