=?utf-8?b?Z19zdHJpbmdfYXNzaWduKHN0ciw=?= ""); vs. =?utf-8?b?Z19zdHJpbmdfdHJ1bmNhdGUoc3RyLA==?= 0)

Hi all,

I have a small Glib performance question. From my microbenchmark it is obvious
that g_string_truncate is faster in empty and non-empty string case. Is there
any reason one would like to use g_string_assign(str, "")?

Slightly related to that. Did anyone ever create a repository of SystemTap files
for Glib? It could make sense to collect performance best practises in systemtap
and then ran these on the application...

regards
   holger