GTK and color names

Does GTK support a standard mapping from color names to RGB values?  If
not, is there a standard that's commonly followd?

I'm creating an application where the user can enter a color by name.
For example the name White will be the value #FFFFFF and Black will be
#000000.  I thought GTK might support an API call that will return the
RGB values when given a color name.  Google searches didn't find
anything, but I thought I'd ask here before writing my own lookup table.

Thanks,
Tim