- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.21.6
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:48:03 -0400
GTK+ 2.21.6 is now available for download at:
This is a development release leading toward 2.22.
* GTK+ 2.22 is planned to be the last stable GTK+ 2.x release,
to be released in parallel with GTK+ 3. It will not receive
major feature work beyond API additions that are required
to facilitate porting to GTK+ 3.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GTK+ 2.20. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GTK+ 2.20.
* GTK+ 2.22 will be source and binary compatible with
the GTK+ 2.20 series; however, the new API additions
are not yet finalized, so there may be incompatibilities
between this release and the final 2.22 release.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
GTK+ is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.21.5 to 2.21.6
* Most drawing done by GTK+ itself has been ported from
GDK drawing APIs to cairo
* GtkExpander gained a ::label-fill property to make the label
fill the entire horizontal space
- The GtkRecenManager::limit property
- All GDK drawing functions, ie gdk_draw_*. Use cairo instead
- All GdkGC functions. Use cairo instead
- All of GdkImage. Use cairo instead
- All of GdkRGB. Use cairo instead
* New accessors:
* New cairo-related APIs:
- Make Gail work with custom treemodels
- Implement GailAdjustment::get_minimum_increment
* Bugs fixed:
599574 Crash in _cairo_surface_set_error
604391 ...assertion `ancestor != NULL' when switching between tab
618327 GtkNotebookPage should be deprecated
623603 meld built with pygtk-2.16.0 giving warnings
623865 gtkdnd: pointer grab may never finish (ungrab before grab)
624087 Missing accessor for GdkCursor.type
624221 Gtk-2.21 Missing accessor for GdkDevice.num_axis
624224 Missing accessor for GdkDisplay.closed
624333 Deprecate GtkRecentManager:limit
624687 switch-page bug when activated from menu
624779 GtkCalendar padding/margin/spacing/border/whatever is too
625491 Generate GdkX11-2.0.typelib (backported from HEAD)
625650 Add annotations to gtk_tree_model_iter_next() and
* Translation updates:
Thanks to the people who contributed to this release:
Federico Mena Quintero
August 16, 2010
] [Thread Prev