Re: porting gdk -> cairo

    Allin> on top of an image displayed in a GTK window, using cairo instead of
    Allin> the GDK drawing API)

    I have a naive question about the port  gdk -> cairo.
    Is the cairo port drawing supposed to be as fast as the
    gdk cairo drawing ? I have an application which can perform
    graphics (graphs, surfaces) through cairo or gdk or gtkglext and
    I have experienced that using cairo is really slower compared
    to gdk. I would have liked to know is this is only a side effect of
    my implementation or a general fact.
    jpc