How to check runtime DLL version

Hi,

I'm wondering how to check the runtime version of the (glib and gtk for
example) DLLs, that the application is linking to.

I know one can check the version of included headers and statically linked
libraries using GLIB_MAJOR_VERSION and glib_major_version, but the dynamic
linking is giving me trouble. I run my application on a windows platform
that also has other gtk-based software and the PATH environment variable is
full of directories containing various versions of gtk/glib.

Or maybe the only way is to actually place the required DLLs in the
application directory (the workaround I'm now using)? If so, then how do i
know which files are actually required?

To make matters worse slight differences in versions don't just crash the
program. I spent a whole day figuring out why drawing in a OpenGL widget
instead draws on the main window directly only to find out that I needed a
more recent version of libgdk.

Please advise.

solarstandard