drag'n'drop with gtk-win32

I was going to post this on the gtk-win32 list but I remembered that it only deals with certain specific
issues, such as packaging and distribution problems, so I hope someone here will be able to help.

I'm in the process of converting an app that was originally written for Linux and uses gtk-x11.  I've mostly
managed to get it running under Windows, using Visual C++ and gtk-win32.

Under Linux, the app supports dragging and dropping of certain audio files (for example, WAV files).  So,
using Nautilus, the user can select a WAV file and drop it into one of several containers within the app.
The WAV file is then effectively imported for use in the app.

My understanding of drag'n'drop within gtk is quite limited but it seems to work by using an object of type
gtk_selection_data.  So if I run my app under Windows and I drag a WAV file into the app from Windows
Explorer, the code fails.

Obviously, Windows Explorer has no knowledge of gtk_selection_data objects so for this to work, I'm guessing
that gtk-win32 would need to intercept the operation and construct such an object from whatever gets provided
by the Windows OS.

Before I spend too much time tracking down the problem, is this something that's still waiting to be
implemented in gtk-win32 - or should it theoretically be working already?  It looks as if I'm at version
2.14.7-1 of  gtk-win32.

Thanks,

John