How to handle GIO channel when the other side kills the connection

Hi,

I am using GIOChannel in my gtk application. I am able to read/write
to GIO channel with a 'client' application, my gtk application serves
as a 'server'.

But when the 'client application' dies unexpectedly, I see a lot of
these errors from my gtk application ('server') terminal:
 GLib-CRITICAL **: g_io_channel_read_chars: assertion
`channel->is_readable' failed

 GLib-CRITICAL **: g_io_channel_read_chars: assertion
`channel->is_readable' failed

 GLib-CRITICAL **: g_io_channel_read_chars: assertion
`channel->is_readable' failed

Can you please tell me what does that mean? And how can I fix it?

Thank you.