Re: how to make my window stays on top when I'm playing fullscreen game?

On 04/14/2010 09:47 AM, Todong Ma wrote:
Sorry,my english is poor...

I mean I want to popup a window which is created by my own program while
other applications are running at fullscreen mode.

On Linux, some Window managers may not allow this.  I recall that one of
the "features" advertised in Gnome a few versions back was that popups
would no longer steal focus from other apps.  This was billed as a
security feature, which I really liked as I accidentally did type a
password in an IM window that popped up once while trying to ssh to
another machine.

If you want to post notifications, perhaps you can work with the fairly
standard (on Gnome and KDE desktops) notification framework that recent
distros come with.  I think it's called libnotify.